Electrical Safety Switch
Switchboard mounted electrical safety switch – we supply, test and install.
Are you protected by an Electrical Safety Switch?
An electrical safety switch is the first priority in protecting your home and business from electrical shock. A safety switch will cut the power supply the instant it detects an electrocution risk and must be installed at the switchboard by a licensed electrician.
Spot On Electrical will ensure you have working electrical safety switches installed in your home or business to keep everything safe. Contact us today to discuss your needs.
FAQs about Electrical Safety Switches in Adelaide
There are many frequently asked questions about electrical safety switches.
A safety switch is a device that quickly switches off the electricity supply if an electrical fault is detected, to minimise the risk of electricity-related fires, electric shock, injury and death.
Safety switches have a “test” button on the front face. If the devices in your switch board do not have a test function, they are probably circuit breakers rather than safety switches.
You should have a safety switch installed for each electrical circuit in your house. For instance, you’ll need a safety switch for your pool, air-conditioner, lights, power sockets and hot water system.
The most relevant parts of the law in South Australia are that:
- All new homes must have an electrical safety switch installed on all power and light circuits.
- Older homes are required to have an electrical safety switch installed when any modification is made to the existing electrical layout.
- Safety switches must only be installed by licensed electricians.
Find out more information on this website.
If you have a safety switch installed you can conduct this test:
- Locate the safety switch by identifying it on the switchboard as instructed above.
- Press the button marked T (for Test). The switch should immediately flick off.
- Now inspect your home and make sure the circuit is turned off.
If the power remains on then the test has failed. Contact us immediately.
If you think your household or business is not protected – Don’t wait to get in touch!
Contact us at Spot On Electrical to install an electrical switchboard safety switch.
Safety switch services:
- Test safety switches
- Install safety swicthes
- 12 month warranty on work and parts
- Australian Standards compliance
- Qualified electricians
- All Adelaide suburbs
- Pricing on request
- No obligation quote